Abilene, Texas - The power is restored at your home and now you can see the damage, what do you do?
Insurance experts say there are three things to remember.
The first, call your insurance agent and let them know just what damage you have. Many insurance agents are working longer hours after the widespread damage we saw this week.
Next, if you have to, repair anything that needs to be fixed to prevent further damage. Were your windows knocked out? Did your skylight get busted with debris? Buy any supplies you need and keep your receipts. Your insurance company may reimburse you.
Lastly, make a list. Write down exactly what was broken or damaged. This isn't required by insurance, but will let you track what's being fixed and insure its completion.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web