Abilene, Texas - The power is restored at your home and now you can see the damage, what do you do?
Insurance experts say there are three things to remember.
The first, call your insurance agent and let them know just what damage you have. Many insurance agents are working longer hours after the widespread damage we saw this week.
Next, if you have to, repair anything that needs to be fixed to prevent further damage. Were your windows knocked out? Did your skylight get busted with debris? Buy any supplies you need and keep your receipts. Your insurance company may reimburse you.
Lastly, make a list. Write down exactly what was broken or damaged. This isn't required by insurance, but will let you track what's being fixed and insure its completion.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital