MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State linebacker Tre Walker was still wiping away the sweat dripping from his brow in the minutes after a thorough dismantling of Massachusetts when his focus shifted to Texas.
The Wildcats knocked off the Longhorns in their regular-season finale last year to wrap up the Big 12 title, and now open defense of it with a return trip to Austin on Saturday night.
The Wildcats have won five straight in the series, several of them in lopsided fashion.
They're also catching the Longhorns at a good time. Texas was run over by BYU two weeks ago, had a shakeup in its coaching staff and then was routed by Ole Miss on Saturday night.
According to Walker, Texas "kicks off our season no matter where we are in our schedule."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated