ABILENE, Texas - Winter Storm Warnings will be in effect for Sunday for areas mainly around and north of Interstate 20.
Wintry precipitation is expected to begin after midnight and continue throughout the day Sunday.
Winter Weather Advisories will be in effect for Sunday for areas mainly south of I-20.
Mainly freezing rain or sleet will likely create icy areas on roadways - especially bridges and overpasses.
Precipitation is forecast to start early Sunday morning in our western areas and spread eastward during the day.
North of I-20, snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are possible. Along with the snow, those regions could see ice accumulations of up to 2/10", especially on elevated roadways.
South of I-20, the precipitation will be mainly sleet and freezing rain. Ice accumulations of 1/10 to 2/10 of an inch are possible on bridges and overpasses. Sleet accumulations could reach half an inch.
Precipitation should end from west to east Sunday afternoon. However, what falls Sunday will likely still be with us Monday morning.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated