ABILENE, Texas - Winter Storm Warnings will be in effect for Sunday for areas mainly around and north of Interstate 20.
Wintry precipitation is expected to begin after midnight and continue throughout the day Sunday.
Winter Weather Advisories will be in effect for Sunday for areas mainly south of I-20.
Mainly freezing rain or sleet will likely create icy areas on roadways - especially bridges and overpasses.
Precipitation is forecast to start early Sunday morning in our western areas and spread eastward during the day.
North of I-20, snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are possible. Along with the snow, those regions could see ice accumulations of up to 2/10", especially on elevated roadways.
South of I-20, the precipitation will be mainly sleet and freezing rain. Ice accumulations of 1/10 to 2/10 of an inch are possible on bridges and overpasses. Sleet accumulations could reach half an inch.
Precipitation should end from west to east Sunday afternoon. However, what falls Sunday will likely still be with us Monday morning.
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy