A gas leak is suspected as the cause of a house explosion in Dallas that injured a woman and her five children.
Neighbors reported smelling gas in the hours before the explosion early Tuesday. The single-story home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The residence was destroyed with only the charred frame of the structure still upright.
Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Joel Lavender told The Dallas Morning News the woman and her children were taken to a hospital with burns. Her injuries appeared to be the most severe.
Neighbors say they heard a loud boom and rushed outside to find the home already in flames.