LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Zach Johnson has won the BMW Championship with a 6-under 65, and now has a chance to win something bigger.
Johnson made two big birdie putts over the closing holes at soggy Conway Farms on Monday to dole out more final-round disappointment for Jim Furyk. Furyk remains winless in three years and now has failed to win the last six times he has at least a share of the lead going into the final round.
The win puts Johnson at No. 4 in the FedEx Cup going into the finale next week at East Lake. That means all he has to do is win the Tour Championship to collect the $10 million bonus.
Nick Watney shot 64 and played his way into the Tour Championship.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017