LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Zach Johnson has won the BMW Championship with a 6-under 65, and now has a chance to win something bigger.
Johnson made two big birdie putts over the closing holes at soggy Conway Farms on Monday to dole out more final-round disappointment for Jim Furyk. Furyk remains winless in three years and now has failed to win the last six times he has at least a share of the lead going into the final round.
The win puts Johnson at No. 4 in the FedEx Cup going into the finale next week at East Lake. That means all he has to do is win the Tour Championship to collect the $10 million bonus.
Nick Watney shot 64 and played his way into the Tour Championship.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting