While the untrained eye might have looked at the big Rudy Gay trade as a salary cap saving move for the Detroit Pistons. Detroit traded Tayshaun Prince's long-term deal and Austin Daye to Memphis and got Jose Calderon's big $10 million expiring contract in return. Joe Dumars and other front office sources weren't shy about saying they were interested in bringing Calderon back after this season. But Calderon has been a quality point guard his entire career, the veteran has spent his entire career on losing teams and with good point guards in short supply could be a hot commodity on the free agent market.
Latest KTXS Video
Would you like to continue watching?
- Chelsea Humphrey: Tracking yet another cold front Wednesday
- Texas town disbands 3-person police department
- IMPORTANT: DISH subscribers lose KTXS, other Bonten programming
- Permits show recently shut down Mr. Nice Guys to open new head shop
- UPDATED: Abilene ISD, Wylie ISD, other school districts delay starts Tuesday