Falcons running back Michael Turner was officially released because of a failed physical, which was listed in the league transactions on Friday. Turner aggravated an ankle injury in the NFC championship game. He limped off the field in the third quarter and did not return. The team did not announce any additional information about the injury or if he required offseason surgery. Turner played in all 18 games last season and rushed for 800 yards on 222 carries during the regular season. He had a groin surgery after the 2011 season. Turner plans to keep playing in the NFL. "I'm excited to begin a new chapter of my career and truly believe I have a lot left in the tank," Turner wrote on his official Facebook page. - See more at: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/michael-turner-released-failed-physical/nWfKn/#sthash.SOpbMxA8.dpuf
Latest KTXS Video
Would you like to continue watching?
- UPDATED: Abilene ISD, Wylie ISD, other school districts delay starts Tuesday
- Permits show recently shut down Mr. Nice Guys to open new head shop
- IMPORTANT: DISH subscribers lose KTXS, other Bonten programming
- Travel discouraged in Callahan County due to black ice
- 3 hurt in Texas Wal-Mart hatchet attack