RICHARDSON, Texas - A total of 96 Abilene Christian student-athletes along with five athletic training students Tuesday were named to the Lone Star Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll for the 2012-13 academic year by league officials.
This is the third year that the Commissioner's Honor Roll program is being announced after the conclusion of the spring academic term with student-athletes qualifying based on grade point average for the current academic year. Previously, the honorees qualified by cumulative GPA and were released by sport at the end of each respective season.
ACU's final count contained 19 student-athletes with a flawless 4.0 GPA for the year. This list includes basketball players and ; linebacker ; golfer ; soccer standouts , , and ; track and field athletes Rachel Belcher, Gary Duncan, Lauren Hartwick and Andrew Hudson; softball players , and ; volleyball veterans , and ; and of men's tennis.
To be eligible for the Commissioner's Honor Roll, student-athletes must have a minimum 3.30 GPA for the current academic year and be active on the roster.
Information from LoneStarConference.org was used in this release.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth