RICHARDSON, Texas - A total of 96 Abilene Christian student-athletes along with five athletic training students Tuesday were named to the Lone Star Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll for the 2012-13 academic year by league officials.
This is the third year that the Commissioner's Honor Roll program is being announced after the conclusion of the spring academic term with student-athletes qualifying based on grade point average for the current academic year. Previously, the honorees qualified by cumulative GPA and were released by sport at the end of each respective season.
ACU's final count contained 19 student-athletes with a flawless 4.0 GPA for the year. This list includes basketball players and ; linebacker ; golfer ; soccer standouts , , and ; track and field athletes Rachel Belcher, Gary Duncan, Lauren Hartwick and Andrew Hudson; softball players , and ; volleyball veterans , and ; and of men's tennis.
To be eligible for the Commissioner's Honor Roll, student-athletes must have a minimum 3.30 GPA for the current academic year and be active on the roster.
Information from LoneStarConference.org was used in this release.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash