RICHARDSON, Texas - A total of 96 Abilene Christian student-athletes along with five athletic training students Tuesday were named to the Lone Star Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll for the 2012-13 academic year by league officials.
This is the third year that the Commissioner's Honor Roll program is being announced after the conclusion of the spring academic term with student-athletes qualifying based on grade point average for the current academic year. Previously, the honorees qualified by cumulative GPA and were released by sport at the end of each respective season.
ACU's final count contained 19 student-athletes with a flawless 4.0 GPA for the year. This list includes basketball players and ; linebacker ; golfer ; soccer standouts , , and ; track and field athletes Rachel Belcher, Gary Duncan, Lauren Hartwick and Andrew Hudson; softball players , and ; volleyball veterans , and ; and of men's tennis.
To be eligible for the Commissioner's Honor Roll, student-athletes must have a minimum 3.30 GPA for the current academic year and be active on the roster.
Information from LoneStarConference.org was used in this release.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family