NEW ORLEANS - ACU assistant track and field coach Jerrod Cook has been named the NCAA Division II South Central Region Men's Indoor Track and Field Assistant Coach of the Year.
Cook, who is in his seventh year as the Wildcats' throws coach, was named the winner last week by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches' Association (USTFCCCA).
Cook's crew scored 24 points at the Lone Star Conference indoor championship meet last week to help the Wildcat men to the conference championship. Senior Baptiste Kerjean qualified for the NCAA Division II indoor championship meet with his win in the weight throw.
The Wildcats will be in action this weekend at the NCAA Division II indoor championship meet in Birmingham, Ala.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash