The top seeds in both the men's and women's draws in the ITA Summer Circuit at ACU's Eager Tennis Center advanced to Sunday's Round of 32 .
Men's No. 1 seed, Alex Sanders of SMU, won both of his matches in straight sets, while women's No. 1 seed, Ana Sofia Cordero of North Texas, won her first match in straight sets and then advanced to the quarterfinals after both of her potential Round of 64 opponents retired.
ACU's Micah Hermsdorf is the No. 2 seed in the women's draw and she advanced to the Round of 32 with a pair of straight-sets wins. After a first-round bye she beat Haley Hicks of Mary Hardin-Baylor, 6-0, 6-0, in the second round before knocking off Claire Williams of Texas Tech, 6-0, 7-6 (3), in the Round of 64.
Hermsdorf will play at 9:30 a.m. Sunday against No. 8 seed Alexis Thoma of North Texas in the Round of 32.
On the men's side, former Wildcat Jake Hendrie will play Sanders at 9:30 a.m. Sunday in the Round of 32. Hendrie won a pair of matches in straight sets on Saturday.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill