The top seeds in both the men's and women's draws in the ITA Summer Circuit at ACU's Eager Tennis Center advanced to Sunday's Round of 32 .
Men's No. 1 seed, Alex Sanders of SMU, won both of his matches in straight sets, while women's No. 1 seed, Ana Sofia Cordero of North Texas, won her first match in straight sets and then advanced to the quarterfinals after both of her potential Round of 64 opponents retired.
ACU's Micah Hermsdorf is the No. 2 seed in the women's draw and she advanced to the Round of 32 with a pair of straight-sets wins. After a first-round bye she beat Haley Hicks of Mary Hardin-Baylor, 6-0, 6-0, in the second round before knocking off Claire Williams of Texas Tech, 6-0, 7-6 (3), in the Round of 64.
Hermsdorf will play at 9:30 a.m. Sunday against No. 8 seed Alexis Thoma of North Texas in the Round of 32.
On the men's side, former Wildcat Jake Hendrie will play Sanders at 9:30 a.m. Sunday in the Round of 32. Hendrie won a pair of matches in straight sets on Saturday.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated