ABILENE, Texas - The American Junior Golf Association will return to Texas for the 33rd annual Aaron's / Bob Estes Abilene Junior as 132 of the nation's top junior golfers compete July 15-18, at Abilene Country Club in Abilene, Texas.
Bob Estes, an AJGA alum and two-time Rolex Junior All-American, joined the AJGA to sponsor an event in his hometown. The event is the third-oldest on the AJGA schedule.
The tournament practice round will be held Monday, July 15, while tournament rounds will be played Tuesday, July 16, through Thursday, July 18. Tee times will go off the Nos. 1 and 10 tees from 7:25 – 9:24 a.m., for the first wave and from 12:15 – 1:54 p.m., for the second wave for the first two rounds. Following the second round, the field will be cut to the top 50 percent and ties, with exact numbers being posted at the tournament. Final round tee times will run from 7:45 – 9:33 a.m., off the Nos. 1 and 10 tees at Abilene Country Club. Guests are welcome to attend and admission is free. For more information, visit ajga.org.
Information provided by AJGA media department.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS