ARLINGTON, Texas - Brandon Moss and John Jaso homered off Yu Darvish and the AL West-leading Oakland Athletics beat Texas 6-2 on Tuesday night.
Jarrod Parker (6-6) limited the Rangers to two runs and three hits over seven innings to improve to 4-0 his last five starts.
Darvish (7-3) struck out 10, increasing his majors-best total to 137, but still hasn't won in more than a month. The ace from Japan is 0-2 in his last six starts, a stretch that began with a 1-0 loss to the Athletics on May 21, five days after his last win.
Moss put the A's ahead to stay when his 13th homer led off the second. Jaso led off the next inning with his third homer and a 3-0 lead.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated