ARLINGTON, Texas - Brandon Moss and John Jaso homered off Yu Darvish and the AL West-leading Oakland Athletics beat Texas 6-2 on Tuesday night.
Jarrod Parker (6-6) limited the Rangers to two runs and three hits over seven innings to improve to 4-0 his last five starts.
Darvish (7-3) struck out 10, increasing his majors-best total to 137, but still hasn't won in more than a month. The ace from Japan is 0-2 in his last six starts, a stretch that began with a 1-0 loss to the Athletics on May 21, five days after his last win.
Moss put the A's ahead to stay when his 13th homer led off the second. Jaso led off the next inning with his third homer and a 3-0 lead.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack