SWEETWATER, Texas - After coming one win short of a playoff berth in 2012, the Sweetwater Mustangs are looking to take that next step into the postseason in 2013.
Junior receiver Bray Amos and the Mustangs elected not to attempt to qualify for the state 7 on 7 tournament, but are instead using the 7 on7 season to stay in shape.
"It feels good," Amos told KTXS, "we're all working hard on our skills, and looking to get into the mix this season."
A 4-6 season in 2012 under Shane Mobley was a great learning experience for the Mustangs who return 10 starters to the 2013 squad.
"He's a great coach," Amos said of Mobley. "He's done a great job so far, and we're all really excited about this year."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated