SWEETWATER, Texas - After coming one win short of a playoff berth in 2012, the Sweetwater Mustangs are looking to take that next step into the postseason in 2013.
Junior receiver Bray Amos and the Mustangs elected not to attempt to qualify for the state 7 on 7 tournament, but are instead using the 7 on7 season to stay in shape.
"It feels good," Amos told KTXS, "we're all working hard on our skills, and looking to get into the mix this season."
A 4-6 season in 2012 under Shane Mobley was a great learning experience for the Mustangs who return 10 starters to the 2013 squad.
"He's a great coach," Amos said of Mobley. "He's done a great job so far, and we're all really excited about this year."
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire