CLEVELAND - A person familiar with the deal says the Cleveland Browns have traded quarterback Colt McCoy to San Francisco.
McCoy, who started 21 games for the Browns in three seasons, has been sent to the 49ers for a late-round draft pick, said the person who spoke Monday to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the teams have not yet announced the trade.
McCoy became expendable last week when the Browns signed veteran backup Jason Campbell, who is expected to challenge Brandon Weeden for the starting job.
CBSSports.com was first to report the deal.
The Browns selected McCoy in third round of the 2010 draft. He played in eight games as a rookie and started 13 in 2011 before his season was ended by a concussion.
McCoy went 6-15 as a starter.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth