DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks have ended up with Miami guard Shane Larkin after a pair of trades to move down in the NBA draft and clear salary cap space for a run at center Dwight Howard in free agency.
A person with knowledge of the deals tells The Associated Press that the Mavericks got the son of Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin with the 18th pick Thursday night after drafting Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk (OH'-lin-ick) at No. 13 for Boston. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deals hadn't been announced.
Dallas got two future second-round picks from the Celtics and traded their pick at No. 16 along with 2012 first-rounder Jared Cunningham and the 44th pick this year to Atlanta for Larkin.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash