DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks have ended up with Miami guard Shane Larkin after a pair of trades to move down in the NBA draft and clear salary cap space for a run at center Dwight Howard in free agency.
A person with knowledge of the deals tells The Associated Press that the Mavericks got the son of Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin with the 18th pick Thursday night after drafting Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk (OH'-lin-ick) at No. 13 for Boston. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deals hadn't been announced.
Dallas got two future second-round picks from the Celtics and traded their pick at No. 16 along with 2012 first-rounder Jared Cunningham and the 44th pick this year to Atlanta for Larkin.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills