A person familiar with the situation says quarterback Tim Tebow is planning to join the New England Patriots at their minicamp on Tuesday.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no official announcement had been made.
ESPN reported earlier Monday that Tebow will sign with the Patriots.
The AP could not confirm whether the team plans to sign Tebow.
One of the NFL's most polarizing players, Tebow spent a lost season in 2012 with the New York Jets, barely playing behind struggling starter Mark Sanchez. Tebow was released in April.
A first-round draft pick 2010 by Denver, Tebow helped the Broncos win the AFC West in 2011, then was traded to New York when Denver signed Peyton Manning.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash