Michael Bacon, who's been the boys basketball head coach at Abilene Christian high school for the last two years, announced via Facebook that he has accepted a graduate assistant job at Abilene Christian University.
"It was not an easy decision at all," said Bacon in a post he made on his Facebook account. "I can't begin to express how grateful I am to our players over the last two years that put me in a position to have this opportunity. The chance to coach at ACU and at the Division 1 level is a dream come true."
Bacon leaves ACHS where he lead the Panthers to a TAPPS 2A state title in 2012, and state-semifinals appearance in 2013. He goes from one alma mater on the high school to his alma mater on the collegiate level.
ACU is now a member of the Southland Conference after finishing it's final season as a member of the Lone Star Conference in 2012-2013.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies