DALLAS - Shawn Marion and Elton Brand scored 17 apiece, Vince Carter again provided a spark off the bench and the Dallas Mavericks beat the Orlando Magic 111-96 on Wednesday night.
The victory snapped a nine-game winning streak for the road team in the series, and the Magic lost for the 26th time in 29 games despite a third-quarter surge that put them in front.
The Mavericks put away an Orlando team playing on the second night of a back-to-back with a 17-0 fourth-quarter run that restored the double-digit lead they had in the second quarter.
Carter finished with 14 points and had another burst of key 3-pointers to help Dallas retake the lead. Dirk Nowitzki had 12 points and a team-high nine rebounds.
Arron Afflalo led Orlando with 21 points.
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget