SAN ANGELO, Texas - Kami Bellah and Shannon Shipp each established school records to highlight the day for the Hardin-Simmons track teams at the David Noble Relays in San Angelo.
Bellah extended her own school mark in the triple jump with a leap of 37-10 ½ to place third. Shipp retook the school record in the shot put with a heave of 34-6 ¾ over teammate Evlyn Collins.
Shanice Wright ran a 12.76 in the 100. Lauren Rodgers broke 1:00 in the 400 with a time of 59.98. Audrey Salter ran a 2:37.91 in the 800.
Rachel Allen ran a 17.58 in the 100 hurdles and Paige Goen ran an 18.33. The 4x100 team ran a 51.17.
Bellah finished fifth in the long jump with a mark of 18-7 ¼.
Collins went 31-5 ¾ in the shot and Elissa Paniagua threw it 29-10 ¼. Collins threw 109-4 in the discus and Paniagua had a 94-7 toss. Collins finished third in the hammer throw with a 135-1 and Shipp was 120-1 for a seventh place finish in the hammer. Collins was third in the javelin with a 98-7.
Bradley Hutcheson ran a wind-aided 10.76 to finish seventh in the 100. Jose Bolanos ran 11.74 and Zeth Barron an 11.84.
Bryson Stacy ran a 53.69 and Cedric Miller a 53.87 in the 400. Paul Demings ran 2:02 in the 800. Tyson Denton ran a 4:37 in the 1500.
Chad Caton ran a 17:17 in the 5000 and Chace Copp ran 18:30. Derek Footer ran a wind-aided 15.06 in the 110 hurdles.
Barron went 12-5 ¼ in the pole vault, Miller went 18-10 in the long jump.
Justin Gray had throws of 40-7 in the shot put and 145-11 in the discus. Cody Parker had a 32-3 1/2, 111-6 in the discus and 115-8 in the javelin. Dustin Baker was 130 in the discus and 132-7 in the hammer. Barron had 131-1 in the javelin and Denton had a 124-11.
HSU will host its own meet next weekend at the HSU Track, located on Grape Street.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Shot Brownwood man considered brain dead, suspect could face upgraded charges
- Police: Ohio mom killed 2 kids to save them from evil in world
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks