ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Bombers defensive back Chaz Russell will return to Abilene for his second stint with the organization.
Chaz made a huge impact in the secondary last season, recording 5 interceptions and 44.5 tackles. "Chaz was an exciting player that plays this game the right way. He is always around the football. Last year we had the rare opportunity to watch a rookie defensive back, turn into one of the best in the league. Today, we are excited and full of fortune to have him back for another season. This is huge for the Bombers. I look for Chaz to be a leader in our secondary next year.", Commented Coach Brannen. When asked about the upcoming season Russell had this to say, " I am thankful to have the opportunity to be on this football team and I am here to give 100% both on the field and in the community. I am not only here to help bring a championship to Abilene but to also help the youth of the community and leave the impression on Abilene that we are a great football team and a great group of guys on and off the field."
Russell has made the decision to make Abilene his home and is currently working as a youth counselor for New Horizons at the Audrey Grace House.
Be sure to get your tickets for the 2013 season by calling the office at 325-232-7816 or come by at 1942 Industrial, Ste C across from West Texas Golf.
Information provided by Abilene Bombers media department.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth