ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Bombers are proud to announce signing of wide receiver Julius Eppinger. Eppinger is an indoor football veteran that will bring leadership and experience to the Bombers in 2013.
He has spent time over his career in the highest level of Arena Football, AFL and played with the Corpus Christi Hammerheads last season. He led the LSFL in receptions per game, was 3rd in the league in receiving yards per game with an impressive 100.7 yards per game average, and was 5th in the league in scoring, recording 19 touchdown grabs in 2012.
When asked about the 2013 season, Eppinger said, "I am excited to get to Abilene with the goal of winning a championship and I am excited to play in front of the great fan base in Abilene as one of the good guys instead of them cheering against me. I intend to bring some great excitement to the fans while playing alongside my former teammate Nathaniel "Daddio" Dunn!"
"To get an all-league caliber wide receiver like Julius is very big for our organization. He is fantastic route runner and catches everything thrown his way. Last year, he snagged 9 touchdown catches against us and made some circus-type touchdown grabs when we played Corpus down there. He is a player that each team in this league would love to have on their squad and I am extremely happy to have him on our side, rather than against us this season. Our wide receiver group is shaping up very nicely at this point and we have some very talented athletes for our quarterback to target. I expect us to put a very exciting show out on the turf every Saturday night!" said Brannen.
The Abilene Bombers continue to prepare the coming season. Ticket prices for the season have been released and season ticket packages are available by calling 325-232-7816 or come by the office at 942 Industrial Ste C, across from West Texas Golf.
Information provided by Abilene Bombers media department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday