The Abilene Bombers are excited to announce the signing of two experienced receivers to their 2013 roster. Coach Joe Brannen has inked the 6'2", 195 pound Corey Alberty and 6'2" 210 pound Adrian Perez to contracts for the upcoming season.
"Both of these guys bring a number of impressive, football characteristics to the Bombers. Corey has been playing indoor football for 4 years now, including one season with the San Angelo Stampede, and last year with the Georgia Force of the AFL. Corey is a guy that the fans of Abilene will love seeing play.
He has great speed, catches everything, and most importantly he knows how to get open. I am very excited to have an outstanding receiver like Corey on our squad, but more importantly a man of his character," commented Brannen.
When asked about joining the Bombers, Alberty had this to say, "I am excited to come to Abilene because of the great fans. They are fans who deserve a championship. I respect Coach Brannen and his leadership and look forward to playing for him and his staff. My goal for the season is to see a group of men come together as a team to accomplish one goal, to bring home an LSFL championship!"
Adrian Perez comes to the Bombers after spending numerous seasons on the indoor circuit. Prior to that Perez played at the University of Miami and spent two seasons in the NFL on the practice squad. "Of all the things Adrian possesses, the biggest is one you can't coach, he can flat out fly." said Brannen. "I look for him to have a big year in Abilene and bring a lot of excitement to the turf. He is an explosive athlete that will make big plays both offensively and in the return game."
"I can't wait to get to Abilene and back to the world of Texas Football! I am excited to be part of this franchise with great coaching and the positive overall direction of the program," Perez said.
As the Bombers build their 2013 roster they are currently searching for top level athletes. A free agent open tryout will take place Saturday, October 13 at Wally Bullington Field located on the ACU campus. The tryout will consist of combine style testing, position specific work, one on ones, and three on three drills. Registration for the workout will start at noon and the workout will run until finished.
A $40.00 registration fee is required. If you wish to pre-register, please email Coach Brannen at email@example.com. In the event that you pre-register you will get a discounted rate of $30.00.
Information provided by Abilene Bombers media department.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon