JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have released receiver Laurent Robinson, who signed a five-year, $32.5 million free agent-contract last season before missing considerable time with concussions.
The team says Robinson passed a physical last month and was completely healthy.
But the receiver disagrees, telling The Associated Press "there's no way he could line up and play a game tomorrow."
Robinson's deal paid him $11.1 million in 2012 and included $14 million guaranteed. He was due a $2 million roster bonus later this week, prompting the team's decision.
The former Dallas Cowboys slot receiver missed nine games last season because of concussions - the first one happened when he landed on a small strip of concrete pavers near the practice field - and finished with 24 receptions for 252 yards.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit