ARLINGTON, Texas - Mark Buehrle threw seven shutout innings, Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia homered, and the Toronto Blue Jays handed the Texas Rangers their fourth straight loss, 8-0 on Friday night.
Buehrle (3-4) improved to 13-5 against the Rangers. The left-hander gave up four singles and equaled his season high with seven strikeouts to win his first road game of the year.
Rasmus hit a three-run shot in the fourth, and Arencibia capped the inning with a solo shot as the Blue Jays won for the sixth time in eight games.
Texas starter Justin Grimm (5-5) allowed 10 hits and seven runs in 7 2-3 innings. The rookie is 0-2 with an 11.66 ERA in his last three starts.
Texas has scored only five runs in its slide, its longest since another four-game skid from July 3-6, 2012.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated