ARLINGTON, Texas - Mark Buehrle threw seven shutout innings, Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia homered, and the Toronto Blue Jays handed the Texas Rangers their fourth straight loss, 8-0 on Friday night.
Buehrle (3-4) improved to 13-5 against the Rangers. The left-hander gave up four singles and equaled his season high with seven strikeouts to win his first road game of the year.
Rasmus hit a three-run shot in the fourth, and Arencibia capped the inning with a solo shot as the Blue Jays won for the sixth time in eight games.
Texas starter Justin Grimm (5-5) allowed 10 hits and seven runs in 7 2-3 innings. The rookie is 0-2 with an 11.66 ERA in his last three starts.
Texas has scored only five runs in its slide, its longest since another four-game skid from July 3-6, 2012.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account