BALTIMORE - Wei-Yin Chen returned from the disabled list to pitch seven innings of three-hit ball, and the Baltimore Orioles got a three-run homer from Nolan Reimold in a 6-1 victory over the Texas Rangers on Wednesday night.
Manny Machado had three hits and an RBI for the Orioles, who won for only the third time in nine games. Baltimore will seek a split of the four-game series on Thursday night.
Chen (4-3) had not pitched since May 12 because of a strained right oblique. The left-hander allowed one run, walked three and struck out four.
Major league home run leader Chris Davis went 0 for 3 with a walk and is hitless in his last 17 at-bats. He hasn't gotten a hit since Major League Baseball announced he was the leading vote getter in All-Star fan balloting.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies