AUSIN, Texas - Three Texas football players have been ruled academically ineligible for the Dec. 30 Alamo Bowl.
UT officials on Sunday said sophomore running back Daje Johnson, sophomore offensive tackle Kennedy Estelle and redshirt freshman running back Jalen Overstreet are out for the game. A team statement says all three players will not make the trip to San Antonio.
The Longhorns (8-4) take on No. 10 Oregon (10-2) in the Alamo Bowl.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated