ABILENE, Texas - Less than two weeks remain in the regular season for Abilene Christian baseball, and the Wildcats are in the right spot to make a powerful run at the LSC regular season title.
ACU's record (25-16, 13-7 LSC) leaves them only one game behind Tarleton St. (25-13-1, 14-6 LSC) in the league standings with a key meeting of the conference's two best teams this weekend. The Wildcats travel to Stephenville for a four-game series starting Friday.
When KTXS spoke with Asst. coach Brandon Stover and Sr. catcher Rodge Macy, they explained the importance of a good showing against the Texans.
"We've had good games and bad games. It's a part of baseball but we need to keep it going and be more consistent over the next 2, 3 weeks going into the conference tournament," said Macy.
Asst. coach Stover said the team needs to take advantage now, and not lose momentum in the final days before the LSC tournament.
"It's a great opportunity to take care of business and jump them into first place but it's all for not if you don't play well the next week. We need to play well the next 2 weeks," Stover said.
After this weekend's series with Tarleton State, the Wildcats round out the regular season at home with five combined games against UT-Permian Basin and Angelo St.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash