ABILENE, Texas - Less than two weeks remain in the regular season for Abilene Christian baseball, and the Wildcats are in the right spot to make a powerful run at the LSC regular season title.
ACU's record (25-16, 13-7 LSC) leaves them only one game behind Tarleton St. (25-13-1, 14-6 LSC) in the league standings with a key meeting of the conference's two best teams this weekend. The Wildcats travel to Stephenville for a four-game series starting Friday.
When KTXS spoke with Asst. coach Brandon Stover and Sr. catcher Rodge Macy, they explained the importance of a good showing against the Texans.
"We've had good games and bad games. It's a part of baseball but we need to keep it going and be more consistent over the next 2, 3 weeks going into the conference tournament," said Macy.
Asst. coach Stover said the team needs to take advantage now, and not lose momentum in the final days before the LSC tournament.
"It's a great opportunity to take care of business and jump them into first place but it's all for not if you don't play well the next week. We need to play well the next 2 weeks," Stover said.
After this weekend's series with Tarleton State, the Wildcats round out the regular season at home with five combined games against UT-Permian Basin and Angelo St.
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy