HOUSTON - ACU's football game at Houston Baptist on Oct. 12 will be broadcast live on Comcast SportsNet Houston (CNS), a partnership between the Houston Astros, Houston Rockets and the NBC Sports Group.
"We're looking forward to playing in Houston at BBVA Compass Stadium, and also excited about the added benefit of television exposure in the Houston market," ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley said. "We have a great alumni group in the Houston area and that, along with this being Houston Baptist's first season of football, should make for an exciting night."
The game between the two future Southland Conference rivals is set for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff at the stadium that is the home of the Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer and Texas Southern football. ACU will play at FC Dallas Stadium in Frisco on Sept. 28 against Tarleton State, giving the Wildcats two games in 2013 in stadiums built specifically for MLS play.
"CSN is pleased to showcase Houston Baptist's inaugural football season with a game against in-state rival Abilene Christian in what is sure to be the start of an intense rivalry," CSN Director of Programming Janice Schmader said.
CSN is available in both standard and high definition to all local cable, satellite and telco TV providers and today is carried by:
Cablevision (channel 34 in Bay City, El Campo and Wharton, Texas areas)
Coastal Link (channels 31/131 in Brazoria County, Texas)
Comcast Cable (channel 39/639 in the Houston area; 86/1688 in Houma, La Place,
Monroe and Shreveport, La. (269/1687 in Little Rock, Ark.)
Consolidated Communications (channels 42/723 in the Houston area)
Telecom Cable (channel 23 in Freeport, Texas; channel 33 in Fulshear, Texas)
EnTouch (channels 73/473 in the Houston area)
Phonoscope (channels 35/293 in the Houston area)
Information for this story provided by ACU Athletics.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend