ABILENE, Texas - ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley announced Tuesday that the Wildcats have signed agreements with three NCAA Division I FBS programs for games over the next two seasons.
The Wildcats' only FBS opponent in 2013 will be New Mexico State (Oct. 26 in Las Cruces, N.M.), but ACU will have two FBS games in 2014. The Wildcats will open the 2014 season – their first as a full-fledged member of the Southland Conference in football – on Aug. 30 in Colorado Springs, Colo., against the United States Air Force Academy. Two weeks later, ACU will head to the south to take on the Troy (Ala.) Trojans, the program that produced current Dallas Cowboys' all-pro defender DeMarcus Ware.
In 2015, ACU will head to the West Coast for a Sept. 6 game at Fresno State. ACU will close the 2015 season on Nov. 21 in Greeley, Colo., against Northern Colorado. The Bears will return the trip the following season as they play ACU in Abilene on Sept. 10, 2016.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash