ABILENE, Texas - ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley announced Tuesday that the Wildcats have signed agreements with three NCAA Division I FBS programs for games over the next two seasons.
The Wildcats' only FBS opponent in 2013 will be New Mexico State (Oct. 26 in Las Cruces, N.M.), but ACU will have two FBS games in 2014. The Wildcats will open the 2014 season – their first as a full-fledged member of the Southland Conference in football – on Aug. 30 in Colorado Springs, Colo., against the United States Air Force Academy. Two weeks later, ACU will head to the south to take on the Troy (Ala.) Trojans, the program that produced current Dallas Cowboys' all-pro defender DeMarcus Ware.
In 2015, ACU will head to the West Coast for a Sept. 6 game at Fresno State. ACU will close the 2015 season on Nov. 21 in Greeley, Colo., against Northern Colorado. The Bears will return the trip the following season as they play ACU in Abilene on Sept. 10, 2016.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon