HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - ACU's Corbin Renner fired a two-round total of 138 to help the Wildcats to a second-place standing after two rounds of the Sam Houston State Harold Funston Invitational at Raven Nest Golf Course.
The host Bearkats of Sam Houston lead the team race after firing rounds of 276-283 for a 559 two-round total over the par-71, 6,943-yard course. ACU posted rounds of 293-280 for a 273 total, 14 shots behind the Bearkats.
The Wildcats, however, are seven strokes ahead of the Golden Eagles of Oral Roberts, who shot rounds of 288-292 for a third-place total of 580. Stephen F. Austin (287-301) and Tyler Junior College (291-297) are tied for fourth at 588.
The final round of the tournament will get started early Tuesday morning.
Renner posted a first-round 71 before bouncing back in the afternoon to card a 4-under-par 67 for a two-round total of 138. He is two shots behind individual leader Zach Cabra of Sam Houston, who shot rounds of 67-69 for a 136 total on his home course. His teammate, Albert Miner, shot rounds of 68-69 for a 137 total and a second-place standing in the individual medalist race.
After Renner's 138, ACU's individuals are Kyle Kennedy (tied for seventh 73-69--142), Trey Sullivan (tied for 18th at 76-70--146), Kyle Karnie (tied for 21st at 73-74--147), and Luke Carpenter (tied for 45th at 79-81--160).
Information for this story provided by ACU athletics.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth