ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian hosted their annual baseball camp this week. Kids aged from 8-12 were on the grass at Crutcher Scott Field learning from Wildcat coaches and players.
The kids were run through numerous drills that the college players go through on a daily basis.
"It's refreshing for us as coaches, and it's just fun to be around these little kids," said ACU head baseball coach Britt Bonneau. "[They] have so much energy that they bring to the game. Having these camps in the summer, sometimes you think, man we have camp this week, but once you start getting into it and you're having fun with these kids, it really brightens up your day."
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade