ABILENE, Texas - ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley announced Tuesday that recently hired volleyball head coach Rob Frost has resigned to return to Mary Hardin-Baylor, effective immediately.
Frost was hired May 6 as the eighth head volleyball coach in program history, succeeding Kellen Mock, who was the Wildcats' head coach from 2006-11. Frost officially joined the ACU coaching staff on June 1, but informed Mosley in a telephone conversation Sunday evening that he would be returning to UMHB.
Mosley said a national search would begin immediately to find Frost's replacement and that he hopes to wrap up the search quickly so that the new coach can get to Abilene and learn the players and become acclimated to the area before the start of fall camp in August.
Assistant coach Ijeoma Moronu will once serve as the interim head coach until a permanent head coach can be identified and hired.
Information for this story provided by Abilene Christian Athletics.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans