ABILENE, Texas - ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley announced Tuesday that recently hired volleyball head coach Rob Frost has resigned to return to Mary Hardin-Baylor, effective immediately.
Frost was hired May 6 as the eighth head volleyball coach in program history, succeeding Kellen Mock, who was the Wildcats' head coach from 2006-11. Frost officially joined the ACU coaching staff on June 1, but informed Mosley in a telephone conversation Sunday evening that he would be returning to UMHB.
Mosley said a national search would begin immediately to find Frost's replacement and that he hopes to wrap up the search quickly so that the new coach can get to Abilene and learn the players and become acclimated to the area before the start of fall camp in August.
Assistant coach Ijeoma Moronu will once serve as the interim head coach until a permanent head coach can be identified and hired.
Information for this story provided by Abilene Christian Athletics.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth