ABILENE, Texas - ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley announced Wednesday that head softball coach Bobby Reeves has been suspended for this weekend's Lone Star Conference series at Texas A&M-Kingsville.
Mosley made the decision based on a pair of incidents two weeks ago in Denton during ACU's three-game LSC series against Texas Woman's that he said "were in violation of the mission and spirit of ACU and ACU athletics."
The Wildcats are 19-16 overall and 3-6 in the LSC going into the series against the Lady Javelinas (10-22 and 0-9).
Neither Mosley nor anyone associated with ACU, ACU athletics or ACU softball will have any further comment on the situation.
Information for this story provided by ACU Sports Information.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend