ABILENE, Texas - ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley announced Wednesday that head softball coach Bobby Reeves has been suspended for this weekend's Lone Star Conference series at Texas A&M-Kingsville.
Mosley made the decision based on a pair of incidents two weeks ago in Denton during ACU's three-game LSC series against Texas Woman's that he said "were in violation of the mission and spirit of ACU and ACU athletics."
The Wildcats are 19-16 overall and 3-6 in the LSC going into the series against the Lady Javelinas (10-22 and 0-9).
Neither Mosley nor anyone associated with ACU, ACU athletics or ACU softball will have any further comment on the situation.
Information for this story provided by ACU Sports Information.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase