ARLINGTON, Texas - The ACU Wildcats capped their run in the Texas-Arlington Invitational on Saturday with a 3-0 sweep over Grambling State.
The Wildcats dominated the Lady Tigers to run their record to 2-1 on the season. ACU was never really challenged in the match, winning 25-16, 25-19, 25-13, for their second straight win. ACU will be back in action Tuesday night when it takes on Texas Tech at the United Spirit Arena in Lubbock.
ACU hit .242 in the match compared to .000 by Grambling, which had 22 kills and 22 errors in the match. The Wildcats had 39 kills compared to 16 errors and were led by Corrie Reeder's nine kills. Lexi Mercier had eight kills and no errors and hit .727 in the match.
Madison Hoover had 20 digs and four assists as she continued her strong play to start the season. Hoover finished the three-match tournament run with 56 digs, 11 assists, one service ace and two kills from her libero position and earned all-tournament honors.
Sophomore outside hitter Jennifer Loerch also earned all-tournament honors, despite playing in only one game against Grambling. She still finished with 33 kills, 15 digs, three service aces and 12 block assists in the tournament.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday