DENTON, Texas - Three ACU Wildcats scored in double figures Wednesday night
as they rolled to an easy 75-50 win over Texas Woman's in their final
appearance at Kitty Magee Arena.
The win pushes the Wildcats to 9-3 overall and 5-2 in the Lone Star
Conference, while the Pioneers fall to 4-9 and 2-5. ACU will be back
in action Saturday at 5:30 p.m. when it hosts Southwest Adventist in a
non-conference game at Moody Coliseum.
Sophomore Sadie Dickinson led the Wildcats with 17 points, while
Mackenzie Lankford had 14 and Kelsey Smith 13 in the Wildcats' rout.
The win improves ACU's all-time record against Texas Woman's to 40-13.
The Pioneers scored just 46 points last Saturday in a win over Eastern
New Mexico and once again had trouble scoring against the Wildcats.
TWU hit just 18 of 57 shots from the floor (4 of 16 from 3-point
range) and turned the ball over 28 times.
ACU, meanwhile, hit 25 of 63 shots from the field, including 8 of 37
from 3-point range. The 37 3-point field goal attempts breaks the
previous record of 36 set earlier this season (Dec. 17, 2012) in ACU's
win over Arkansas-Fort Smith. Prior to that game, the record was 31
3-point field goal attempts against Central Oklahoma on Dec. 9, 2006.
Dickinson hit 6 of 16 field goal attempts, including 3 of 9 from
3-point range, while Lankford was 5 of 13 from the field. Smith hit 4
of 8 shots from the floor and pulled down five rebounds.
Freshman Kynzie Newman had eight points, while Savannah Smith and
Renata Marquez added seven points apiece.
Information provided by ACU Athletic Department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated