FRISCO, Texas - Abilene Christian freshman Nico Agritelley has been named the Southland Conference Men's Tennis Player of the Week, the league office announced Tuesday.
Agritelley was ACU's lone undefeated player last week when the Wildcats went 3-1, which included an impressive 4-3 win over Nicholls on Sunday. A native of Dallas, Texas (Laurel Springs Academy), Agritelley went 4-0 in singles to improve to 13-7 on the year and 3-0 in doubles play with three different partners to improve to 13-5. Agritelley also won all his matches in straight sets with the exception of his come-from-behind win over Rice's Gustavo Gonzalez. In ACU's 4-3 win against Nicholls, Agritelley was the first off the court with a 6-1, 6-2 decision over Sam Meessen and won the Wildcats' first doubles match against Kiernan Cronin and Lukas Clemens.
Honorable mention this week goes to Nicholls freshman Partha Adavelly, UIW senior Jair Assuncao and Oral Roberts senior Parker Allen.
Each school's sports information director nominates and votes for the players of the week, though is not permitted to vote for his own player. To receive honorable mention, a player must receive votes from 25 percent of the Southland sports information directors.
Information for this story provided by Southland staff.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Updated Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill