ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian senior Julie Coppedge Monday was named to the NCAA Division II All-South Central Region second team presented by Daktronics. Coppedge has been an all-region selection for each of the last three seasons.
Coppedge started all 19 matches in 2012 and finished second on ACU with 11 points, scoring five goals (three game-winners) and one assist. The four-time all-Lone Star Conference selection started all 82 matches since her career started in 2009 and leaves the Wildcats as their all-time leader in assists with 17.
The Amarillo native also scored 15 career goals on 232 shots, placing 121 on goal and ranks among ACU's top-five leaders in points with 43.
In addition to making three straight all-region squads, Coppedge also has received two Lone Star Conference Academic Player of the Year awards and been named to two Capital One Academic All-District teams. She won her first conference player of the week citation on October 16 of this year after scoring the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win vs. first-place Incarnate Word.
Coppedge is on track to graduate in the spring of 2013 with a degree in advertising and public relations
ACU's season ended earlier this month at 8-10-1 following a first-round loss to Midwestern State at the Lone Star Conference Championship.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot