ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian senior Julie Coppedge Monday was named to the NCAA Division II All-South Central Region second team presented by Daktronics. Coppedge has been an all-region selection for each of the last three seasons.
Coppedge started all 19 matches in 2012 and finished second on ACU with 11 points, scoring five goals (three game-winners) and one assist. The four-time all-Lone Star Conference selection started all 82 matches since her career started in 2009 and leaves the Wildcats as their all-time leader in assists with 17.
The Amarillo native also scored 15 career goals on 232 shots, placing 121 on goal and ranks among ACU's top-five leaders in points with 43.
In addition to making three straight all-region squads, Coppedge also has received two Lone Star Conference Academic Player of the Year awards and been named to two Capital One Academic All-District teams. She won her first conference player of the week citation on October 16 of this year after scoring the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win vs. first-place Incarnate Word.
Coppedge is on track to graduate in the spring of 2013 with a degree in advertising and public relations
ACU's season ended earlier this month at 8-10-1 following a first-round loss to Midwestern State at the Lone Star Conference Championship.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated