GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - ACU junior guard Mackenzie Lankford has been voted to the second team on the Daktronics NCAA Division II all-South Central Region squad.
Lankford, a second team selected as a freshman in 2010-11 and a first team selection as a sophomore in 2011-12, is only the third ACU Wildcat to earn three Daktronics all-region honors, joining Melanie Carter and Audrey Maxwell-Lively on the short list.
Lankford -- who leads the 21-6 Wildcats into a quarterfinal game against Texas-Permian on Friday in the NCAA Division II South Central Region Tournament -- is averaging a team-best 14.3 points per game and is shooting 40.7 percent from the field on the season.
The junior from Weatherford is joined on the all-region second team by Kirsti Degeila of Midwestern State, Katrina Selsor of Colorado Mesa, Jackie Woods of St. Mary's, and Peyton Adamson of Tarleton State. Each of those teams is playing in this weekend's regional tournament at Colorado Mesa.
The first team is led by Tarleton State junior center Kiara Wright, who led the region in votes and is the region's Most Outstanding Player. She is joined on the first team by Colorado Mesa's Kelsey Sigl, UTPB's Teisha King, West Texas A&M forward Devin Griffin, and Midwestern State's Andrea Carter.
Lankford has scored 1,312 points 74 career games (17.7 points per game), and, at her current pace, will finish her Wildcat career in 2013-14 as the program's fourth all-time leading scorer.
Information for this story provided by ACU Sports Information.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck