ABILENE, Texas - ACU junior Corbin Renner fired a final-round 65 Tuesday to win the individual medalist title at the Charles Coody West Texas Intercollegiate golf tournament at the Diamondback Golf Club.
Odessa College rallied from third place in the team standings after Monday's first round to post a second-round score of 284 and 574 overall to win the team title over first-day leader Texas Wesleyan, which followed Monday's round of 286 with a final-round 289 to finish one stroke back at 575.
Midland College and ACU finished tied for third, 12 strokes behind Odessa College. ACU shot rounds of 291-295 for a 586 total, while the Chaparrals of Midland College fired rounds of 289-297 for a 586 total.
Renner got his round going early when he birdied the first, third, fourth and ninth holes on his way to a front-nine 32. He followed that up with birdies at 12 and 18 to finish a bogey-free round at 65. His total of 135 was good enough to beat Calvin Clyde of Texas Wesleyan (66-71--137) by two strokes.
Information for this story provided by ACU Athletics.
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Pedestrian hit by pickup in south Abilene
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated