RICHARDSON, Texas - ACU freshman wide receiver Cade Stone earned Lone Star Conference Special Teams Player of the Week honors on Monday after his big night Saturday in ACU's 59-17 win over Eastern New Mexico.
Stone set the tone early for the Wildcats in their win over the Greyhounds by returning the game's opening kickoff 92 yards for a touchdown. The touchdown return was Stone's first collegiate touchdown. The 92-yard return was ACU's first kickoff return for a touchdown since Nov. 14, 2009, when Dennis Campbell returned the opening kickoff 97 yards against Midwestern State in a first-round NCAA Division II playoff game in Wichita Falls.
The return is the 13th-longest kickoff return in school history and 12th-longest kickoff return for a touchdown in school history.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase