ABILENE, Texas - Former ACU centerfielder Keanna Winkfield was voted second team NCAA Division II all-South Central region by Daktronics. The team was released late Monday afternoon.
Late last week, Winkfield – who completed her two-year Wildcat career two weeks ago at the Lone Star Conference Post-Season Tournament – was voted first team all-region by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association.
Winkfield batted .396 with 48 runs this spring and is the first Wildcat outfielder to make an all-region first team. She was a second team all-region selection in 2012, and earlier this month was named first team all-Lone Star Conference.
The Giddings native also received a Golden Glove award from the conference as well as a spot on the Capital One academic all-district team.
Winkfield's single-game highs from this year included four RBI vs. Oklahoma Panhandle, and four hits vs. Texas A&M-International and Kingsville. She hit her first home run as a Wildcat last month during a 10-8 victory at Eastern New Mexico and went 2-for-4 with a run scored in ACU's lone postseason game vs. West Texas A&M.
Winkfield transferred to ACU in the fall of 2011 following two years at Trinity Valley Community College, where she was a two-time all-conference selection.
Information for this story provided by ACU Athletics.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting