AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Longhorns have been in a long, steady decline. And given the player exodus since last season, coach Rick Barnes is under increasing pressure to make a quick turnaround.
For more than a decade, Barnes pushed the Texas program to new heights: A Final Four appearance, the first No. 1 ranking in school history and two Longhorns, T.J. Ford and Kevin Durant, earned national player of the year honors.
But a long drought of postseason success has dragged into its fifth year and last season's losing 16-18 record - Texas' first since 1997 - have raised questions about Barnes' future.
Texas opens the season at home Nov. 8 against Mercer.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase