A person familiar with the deal tells The Associated Press that Baylor coach Art Briles has agreed to a new 10-year contract.
The new contract goes into effect after this season, according to the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the private university does not release contract details.
The fourth-ranked Bears are 8-0 for the first time in school history, and fifth in the BCS standings.
Briles is in his sixth season at Baylor, where he has a 41-30 record.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend