BERKELY, California - California has hired Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes to take over for the fired Jeff Tedford.
Two people with knowledge of the hire confirmed Wednesday night that Dykes got the job and will be formally introduced at a news conference Thursday. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced.
The hiring was first reported by Footballscoop.com
Dykes had a 22-15 record with the Bulldogs, averaging 35.9 points and 452.5 yards per game in his tenure. He takes over a Cal team that went 3-9 this past season and missed a bowl for the second time in three years.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs