BERKELY, California - California has hired Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes to take over for the fired Jeff Tedford.
Two people with knowledge of the hire confirmed Wednesday night that Dykes got the job and will be formally introduced at a news conference Thursday. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced.
The hiring was first reported by Footballscoop.com
Dykes had a 22-15 record with the Bulldogs, averaging 35.9 points and 452.5 yards per game in his tenure. He takes over a Cal team that went 3-9 this past season and missed a bowl for the second time in three years.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week