BERKELY, California - California has hired Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes to take over for the fired Jeff Tedford.
Two people with knowledge of the hire confirmed Wednesday night that Dykes got the job and will be formally introduced at a news conference Thursday. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced.
The hiring was first reported by Footballscoop.com
Dykes had a 22-15 record with the Bulldogs, averaging 35.9 points and 452.5 yards per game in his tenure. He takes over a Cal team that went 3-9 this past season and missed a bowl for the second time in three years.
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide