AUSTIN, Texas - Texas co-offensive coordinator Major Applewhite will take over play-calling duties for the Longhorns with Bryan Harsin leaving for the head-coaching job at Arkansas State.
Applewhite, a former Texas quarterback, shared the coordinating title with Harsin the last two seasons and has been coaching the running backs. He will now tutor the Texas quarterbacks.
Texas also announced that wide receivers coach Darrell Wyatt will be promoted to co-offensive coordinator and tight ends coach Bruce Chambers will be the Longhorns' recruiting coordinator. A new running backs coach will be hired.
Applewhite played at Texas from 1998-2001 and coached at Syracuse, Rice and Alabama before joining the Longhorns staff in 2008.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend