AUSTIN, Texas - Texas co-offensive coordinator Major Applewhite will take over play-calling duties for the Longhorns with Bryan Harsin leaving for the head-coaching job at Arkansas State.
Applewhite, a former Texas quarterback, shared the coordinating title with Harsin the last two seasons and has been coaching the running backs. He will now tutor the Texas quarterbacks.
Texas also announced that wide receivers coach Darrell Wyatt will be promoted to co-offensive coordinator and tight ends coach Bruce Chambers will be the Longhorns' recruiting coordinator. A new running backs coach will be hired.
Applewhite played at Texas from 1998-2001 and coached at Syracuse, Rice and Alabama before joining the Longhorns staff in 2008.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued