NEW YORK - The New York Jets have signed three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver-kick returner Josh Cribbs to help on special teams and add depth to their banged-up receiving corps.
New York also signed wide receiver Greg Salas from Philadelphia's practice squad Tuesday, and placed wide receiver Clyde Gates and running back Mike Goodson on season-ending injured reserve.
Cribbs, 30, was cut by Oakland in the preseason after having offseason surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. He is tied with New England's Leon Washington for the most kickoff-return touchdowns in NFL history with eight.
Salas has 27 career catches, and spent time with St. Louis and New England before Philadelphia.
The Jets also signed former Stony Brook running back Miguel Maysonet to the practice squad.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth