RICHARDSON, Texas - After locking up one of the top two seeds in their respective divisions, Texas-Tyler, Louisiana College, Texas Lutheran and Concordia Texas will each serve as first-round hosts of the 2013 American Southwest Conference Baseball Championship Tournament Series, to be held Friday-Saturday (April 26-27).
The winners from the four, best-of-three series (also featuring Hardin-Simmons, Mary Hardin-Baylor, East Texas Baptist and Texas-Dallas) will advance to the championship round, a double-elimination format to be held May 5-7 at the site of the top remaining East Division seed. The eventual ASC champion will earn the league's automatic berth into the NCAA Division III Baseball Championship.
First round series hosted by East Division teams will be champion Texas-Tyler (30-10) against West Division No. 4 seed Hardin-Simmons (22-17) at Irwin Field in Tyler, Texas and runner-up Louisiana College (22-16) taking on West Division No. 3 seed Mary Hardin-Baylor (20-19) at Billy Algood Field in Pineville, La.
First round series hosted by West Division squads will be champion Texas Lutheran (30-10) against East Division No. 4 seed East Texas Baptist (19-21) at Katt-Isbell Field in Seguin, Texas and runner-up and two-time defending conference champion Concordia Texas (20-20) facing East Division No. 3 seed Texas-Dallas (21-19) at Tornado Field in Austin, Texas.
Game 1 for all series will be on Friday with 6 p.m. first pitches except for the Texas Lutheran-East Texas Baptist series, which will begin at 2 p.m. Game 2s and if-necessary Game 3s will take place on Saturday. All tilts are set to begin at 2 p.m. except for TLU-ETBU, which will have an 11 a.m. start. If a series goes three games, the first pitch will come 30 minutes after the conclusion of Game 2.
All first-round series tournament games are nine innings and if needed, the NCAA's 10-run rule after seven innings will be observed.
Live statistics will be available for all first round series. The links can be found on the conference's Tournament Central page, www.ASCsports.org, and the official athletics websites of the host institutions.
Information provided by ASC media department.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth