ABILENE, Texas - John David Baker led Abilene Christian into Division I in a big way, throwing for a school-record seven touchdowns in an 84-6 victory over Concordia (AL) Saturday night.
Baker, in his first start at quarterback, completed 17 of 20 passes for 322 yards, and broke the school record of six touchdown passes, set by Clint Longley in 1973 and later tied by Billy Malone in 2006 and 2008.
The Wildcats scored every time they touched the ball in the first half, streaking to a 61-0 lead at the break.
This was the first Division I game for the Wildcats.
Baker completed 16 of 19 passes for 320 yards before the half. Darian Hogg, Baker's main target, had 208 yards on 10 catches.
The Wildcats accumulated 612 total yards.
Cameron Mayfield threw a 21-yard touchdown pass to David Hampton for Concordia's only score.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend