WACO, Texas - Pierre Jackson scored 18 points, including two 3-pointers and a tough inside basket in an 83-second span of the second half when Baylor regained control on the way to a 64-54 victory over Oklahoma State on Monday.
Jackson, the Big 12's top scorer, had only five points in the game's first 24 minutes before his quick eight-point spurt pushed Baylor ahead by 10 points. Unlike their double-digit lead in the first half, the Bears (13-5, 4-1 Big 12) held on this time.
Le'Bryan Nash had 24 points for the Cowboys (12-5, 2-3), including 10 in their 11-2 run going into halftime for a 28-27 lead.
Isaiah Austin (10 points, 14 rebounds, five blocks) and Cory Jefferson (11 points and 11 rebounds) both had double-doubles for the Bears.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated