WACO, Texas - Pierre Jackson scored 18 points, including two 3-pointers and a tough inside basket in an 83-second span of the second half when Baylor regained control on the way to a 64-54 victory over Oklahoma State on Monday.
Jackson, the Big 12's top scorer, had only five points in the game's first 24 minutes before his quick eight-point spurt pushed Baylor ahead by 10 points. Unlike their double-digit lead in the first half, the Bears (13-5, 4-1 Big 12) held on this time.
Le'Bryan Nash had 24 points for the Cowboys (12-5, 2-3), including 10 in their 11-2 run going into halftime for a 28-27 lead.
Isaiah Austin (10 points, 14 rebounds, five blocks) and Cory Jefferson (11 points and 11 rebounds) both had double-doubles for the Bears.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account