STILLWATER, Okla. - Oklahoma State star Marcus Smart has been suspended three games by the Big 12 for shoving a fan in the closing seconds of the Cowboys' loss at Texas Tech on Saturday night.
Oklahoma State coach Travis Ford announced the suspension as he spoke in support of the All-America guard Sunday.
Smart apologized for his actions prior to Ford speaking at the news conference on the Oklahoma State campus.
Ford says Smart accepts his punishment and feels terrible. Smart will miss games against Texas, Oklahoma and Baylor.
Late in Saturday night's game at Lubbock, Texas, Smart shoved Tech fan Jeff Orr with two hands after it appeared the Red Raiders fan said something to the top NBA prospect. Teammates quickly pulled Smart away as he pointed back in Orr's direction.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children